Skip to content

You are here: Home / International / Studying abroad / Procedure / Non Erasmus Stays for Studies

Non Erasmus Stays for Studies

Once you have been pre-assigned a mobility place in a university of our offer, when you do the application to the host university (Request place at a university), and fill in your learning agreement, you must consider which kind of stay you will perform. Find down below the explanation of the Non Erasmus stays for Studies.


What is a non Erasmus Stay?

A Non Erasmus Stay is a stay performed outside Europe or any of the universities of the project Erasmus KA107. Information here:

They can also be stays outside Europe, when the student cannot go as Erasmus,  either because the European university is private or because the stay is longer than allowed in the Erasmus framework. In the second case, stays are divided into semesters, so that the Erasmus semesters are those where the student enrols the required credits to receive the Erasmus grant (double degree).

The non Erasmus stays have different names: UPC Europa, UPC USA, UPC Món, UPC Xina, etc.

What is a non Erasmus stay for studies?

The stays for studies require that the credits you enrol at the beginning at ETSETB correspond to credits that you also enrol at the host university, which means that the activities must have credits at the host university. If you perrform the Final Thesis, maybe you have to do it in the Traineeship modality; this will be the case if you don't perform any official enrolment at the host institution.

At the following link you will find full particulars about the stays for studies, such as the study plan you can have and how to fill in the documents about your study plan (precommitment of courses and learning agreement for studies):

The only differences with the stay at the link (which is Erasmus) are:

  • There is no Erasmus grant and y ou may have to pay the tuition fees both in host and home universities.
  • You don't need to do the language initial and final Erasmus test (OLS) and you don't need to do the Erasmus survey at the end of the stay.
  • The follwoing models you must submit at UPC have one only difference in the logo:
    • Learning agreement (no Erasmus+ logo)
    • Certificate of arrival (no Erasmus+ logo)
    • Certificate of attendance (no Erasmus+ logo)
  • Instead of submitting at UPC a financial agreement signed by you, you will have to sign the credential.

The rest of the documents are the same as for Erasmus stays for studies.

See the documents to submit at UPC (once you have obtained the place) at: