Skip to content

You are here: Home / International / Studying abroad / Procedure / Request place at a University

Request place at a University


1. Request for pre-assignation through e-secretaria

Make the request through e-secretaria, within the deadlines of our calendar:

  • Request up to 8 universities through e-secretaria. The specific places for each semester are updated at the beginning of December.
  • If you select a non Euoropean destination, you have to send to  you Curriculum Vitae in English in Europass format.
  • If you wish to select USA, BEFORE the request, you must have attended the Informational meeting with professor Eduard Alarcon and have had an interview with him on the day, time and place stated at this link: reunions mobilitat, so that possible contact professors with USA can be searched far enough in advance.
  • Language requirement: The language requirement you can see at your e-secretaria may not be updated. To know for sure the language requirement needed by the host university, please look at their website.
  • Once you have made the request, and until the dealine for requests, you can correct it as many times as you wish through e-secretaria.
  • If you have any incidence when using e-secretaria, you can send an email to 

Accept or reject the place pre-assigned by ETSETB, within the deadline of our calendar

  • You must accept or reject the pre-assigned place through e-secretaria, within the deadline of the calendar.
  • The decision to your request will be informed through the e-secretaria, according to the calendar. The selection criteria are the following:

    Criteria for resolving the e-secretaria requests

    • Bachelor. Average grade of bachelor (considering all bachelor courses from 1A to the resolution date) +  performance parameter (alfa).
    • Master. Average grade of master (considering all master courses from 1A to the resolution date) + peformance parameter (alfa).
    • Additional requirements for GRETST and GREELEC. See Catalan version: Assignació de plaça.

Apply to the host university, whithin the deadlines of the host university and according to their procedure.


2. Apply to host university

2.1. After the pre-assignation process (above) is finished, you must apply to the host university, within their deadlines and procedure:

  • If you are going to perform the final thesis, see the information below about the final thesis, before you begin the application process and before selecting the learning agreement to fill in.
  • Have in mind the deadlines and documents required by the host university. You will find the information at the website of the host university (normally at the item application).
  • If you need a transcript of records, request for an ECTS transcript in English at > certificates > academic certificates. You will receive the certificate digitally signed at your UPC email address, 2 or 3 working days after your request.
  • If you need a certificate of enrolment at UPC, request an "enrolment certificate (digital signature)" at > certificates > other certificates.
  • If you need us to sign any document, send it completed to or submit it at our academic office. You wil have it signed in 3 working days.
  • The learning agreement is at Documents before leaving. If you ask for an Erasmus grant, maybe you need a new learning agreement when the Erasmus call is published, since the model may change a little from one year to the other. Nevertheless, the contents is the same and depends only on the kind of stay you will do.
  • Find here the information they may ask you about the ETSETB in the application process (Institutional Coordinator, Department coordinator, contact person, etc):
    Details for the application
    • Academic responsible, Institutional Coordinator or Department coordinator at your home university: José Antonio Lázaro (Vice Dean of International Affairs)
    • Contact person: Cindrela Sambró (Administrative Officer of International Affairs)
    • Email and post address for both:
      Campus Nord UPC . Mòdul B3
      c. Jordi Girona 1-3.
      08034 Barcelona. Spain
      Tel : + 34 93 401 1978

    • Erasmus code of the home university: E BARCELO 03
    • Subject area Code (ISCED). To choose between:
      0714 (Electronics and Automation)
      061 (per ICT’s)
      053 (Física i Fotònica) 

2.2. If you perform your final thesis:

  • Find a thesis and a supervisor at the host university. This will help you to have an approximate idea of your date of arrival (necessary information for the application form) and to do the request for accommodation. You can do this in different ways:
    • Either through the responsible ETSETB professor at the host university (Universities offer)
    • Or entering the page of the host university and searching through the departments.
    • Or seeing examples of thesis that have been performed in previous years at the host university (examples of universities), where you can see the student author of the thesis and the supervisor of the thesis both in the host university and in ETSETB.
  • See if you have to go for studies or traineeship. Check if there is a subject with credits at the host university which is equivalent to the final thesis.
    In case of master, you will normally find the master's thesis course. In case of bachelor, they may not have a bachelor's thesis, but maybe they offer you the possibility to do and be assessed there of the equivalent credits. In that case, you can have a mobility for studies.
    If there isn't the possibility to obtain credits at the host university for your bachelor thesis, you can go for traineeship, provided you have that possibility at the host university without losing the rights of the student's status (accommodation, etc). In case you go as a trainee, you won't be allowed to do courses as well as the thesis.
    Please see the different kind o f stays at the procedure.